Gratitude: 10 Things I am Thankful for this Season
A few days ago I decided to take a break from all the fertility stuff such as ovulation strip testing, temperature taking, and app tracking. Instead of doing those things first thing in the morning, I took a vow to write in my gratitude journal. I have been doing it for a few days. It takes literally 30 seconds and I write the first thing that comes to my mind. This is the journal I got to write in. It's only $14 and peppered throughout it are little quotes and insightful prompts.
Because Thanksgiving is around the corner, I wanted to expand on this list that I started and blog the top 10 things that I am thankful for. I encourage you to join me.
10 THINGS I AM GRATEFUL FOR
- My Health: I have fought so hard for my mental health since battling postpartum depression/OCD. I often tell Perry that he deserves an award for having so much patience and picking up the slack when I have needed to take it easy, go to acupuncture, take mindfulness classes and yoga, plus all the other stuff that I have done/still do to stay healthy.
- The Way Winter Says I Love You in Spanish: Her voice is a gift from the angels. It's honestly my favorite thing in the world to listen to and the fact that she now expresses that she loves me by saying "te amo" melts my corazón (heart) into a million tiny pieces.
- This Is Us: This show has been one of my favorite things this season in my life. I just love how it depicts raw trials and tribulations in life such as addiction, rough patches in marriage, adoption/child rearing and more. It's something I look forward to watching every week.
- Perry's Laugh: I need to get this on video for you guys. He has the BEST laugh. Even when I am so, so mad at him, he laughs, and everything that annoyed me before disappears. I swear his laughter stems from the deepest part of his soul and it makes me so dang thankful to be his wife so that I can hear it for the rest of my life.
- My Neighbor, Emily and my Friend, Nikki: These two friends text or call me on a daily basis to make sure I am hanging in there. It's been a rough go between the stress of my job, my mom, sister, and uncle having some health issues, just being overwhelmed with trying to get pregnant and general life. I cannot thank them enough for being my rock right now.
- My Blog/Instagram: I have no idea what I would do if I didn't have Brittany (the photographer for the blog), you guys for reading it and for the creative outlet it gives me. Hands down, this makes the list a hundred times over. I love blogging, and I hope in the future that I can do it a lot more frequently.
- Tiny Peanut Butter Cups from Trader Joes: We stick these in the freezer, and I have one every day after work. They are just the treat I need to greet me after a long day at work.
- My Mindfulness Practice: I use the app called Calm on a daily basis. (*If you're interested, I reviewed a few mindfulness apps HERE on the blog a while back). I love my 10-20 minutes that I give myself to tap out of my head and into my body.
- Dance Parties Before Bed: A few days ago, I posted THIS video of Winter and me dancing before bed. It is just us in the kitchen jamming out to some Spanish music in our jammies. I had no idea Perry was even recording nor did I have any idea how many eyes on Instagram would see it. I loveeeee dancing with my mini. It's my favorite!
- Rocking Winter to Bed: I am so damn grateful for the one minute that Winter lays her head on my shoulder while I hum to her and rock her while standing before laying her down in her crib. Winter, you have no idea how much I treasure that one minute with you.
Let me know if you write down your top 10 things that you are grateful and share some in the comments below.
Also, if you are interested in the sweater, it comes in so many colors. Just click on the image you see below (*affiliate link).
Photography by Brittany Renee