Everything You Need to Become a Mindful Mother
So many of you ask how you get started in living a more mindful life. While I don't think it takes much to learn how to practice mindfulness, I always like to encourage others to create a space that will inspire them to meditate.
Below is a round up of all the things that I have been enjoying to create my mindful space. Note: This round up is geared towards mothers. I will be doing another post for beginners in general soon! Stay tuned and happy meditating!
Click on a photo below to shop
*This post has affiliate links, meaning if you choose to buy something, I will make a small percentage of the sale so I can continue to support my family.
- Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser: This is the perfect foe wood grain diffuser. I love walking into my meditation space and have the air fill with lavender. It would work perfectly in a nursery as well. It's a top seller on Amazon so run and get yours quickly before they are all gone.
- Meditation Candle: I love lighting a candle while I meditate and this one smells sooooo good. It's not too strong which I like!
- Inhale/Exhale Print: This print serves as the perfect reminder for your wandering mind (because it will wander). I love opening my eyes to see this. It reminds me to take that one last mindful breath before the business of life begins again.
- Floor Pillow: A floor pillow is a must-have item! I find myself melting into my floor pillow when I meditate. I just love how the soft texture feels underneath my skin. It's like my own personal cloud.
- Mindful Coffee Mug: I know I am not the only one who feels annoyed after heating and reheating their cup of coffee because your little one demands your attention. I bought this mug so I could pause in those moments of frustration and shift my irritability into gratitude saying "be here now" over and over in my mind.
- Lavender Essential Oil: This is by far my favorite essential oil. It is shown to help calm the mind by settling the amaydala (the security part of your brain that puts you into fight or flight when stressed). It also is used as a sleep aid and is great for nausea too!
- Natural Himalayan Salt Rock Lamp: Illuminate your room with a warm, relaxing orange glow with this salt lamp. It creates the perfect ambiance to your meditation space.
- Ganesha Buddha Sculpture: Every mindful space looks complete when there is a beautiful Buddha statue in it! This sandstone sculpture really hits the mark. I love how the neutral tone adds an element of inspiration and positive energy to your space.
- Breathe, Mama, Breathe: 5-Minute Mindfulness for Busy Moms Book: You guys! This book has the best ideas on how busy mamas can add mindfulness into their daily routine. Learn how to integrate it while you're cooking dinner, showering, or playing with your kids! It teaches you great strategies on how to reset and refocus, which all know every mama needs!
- Heavily Meditated T-Shirt: This is the most comfortable shirts! I feel so empowered when I wear it and it makes me laugh. I know you will love it too! It's only $16!
- Sleep Mask: Isn't this sleep mask just the cutest? It has an adjustable band and fits me like a charm. I use it all the time when I do my mindfulness during the day to block out the light coming in from the windows. I notice I can concentrate on my other senses better when I am not distracted by bright light.
- Tibetan Buddhist Prayer Beads: While mindfulness isn't associated with a certain religion, I just love having these around in mindful space to play with while I listen to podcasts or while I am sitting and thinking. I just like how how they feel in my hands and the green color is just so lovely.
Please let me know if you have any other suggestions on what you like to use in your mindful space! I am also looking for book recommendations! Leave a comment below!
Photography by Brittany Renee