Top Fall Fashion Trends
So if your an influencer, you'll want to know about this app called Popular Pays, which is a platform that connects brands with stories to tell and the content creators who'll help them say it (like me!). It's where I get the majority of paying collaborations. And if you're not an influencer, just disregard this first paragraph :)
Well, the other day, I had the opportunity to shoot with Marshalls. It was one of those "pinch me" moments. When they accepted my entry for the campaign, I about fell out of my seat. The either picked you to feature home decor or fashion for the gig and they decided that I was to focus on style. They sent me a long list of this year's top fashion trends + styling tips, and I thought that they were so good, that I wanted to share it with you all.
Fall’s hottest styles are all about mixing and matching styles, textures, and fabrics for the most on-trend fall looks.
- Pair a masculine style (moto jacket, military bottoms) with a feminine flourish (consider softer pieces that feature embroidery, lace, and ruffles).
- Think layers and consider pairing a variety of patterns and textures through vests, velvet, colored denim, shoulder details & leather jackets.
- -Strike a sophisticated balance of femininity and rocker design in pairing, lace, embroidery and bell sleeves with distressed or deconstructed jeans and leather.
- Pro Tip: Try mixing colors and textures for depth; satin and suede with bold accessories like velvet booties work!
- Joggers (often with feminine detail, like embroidery) top the list as menswear-inspired looks with versatility.
- Pro Tip: Try pairing them with satin fall booties and a structured jacket to make a statement. Autumnal-neutral handbags with hardware finish the look.
- Incorporate this season’s top trending colors: jewel tones, peacock, black and gold and bold reds.
For this shoot, I opted for a jewel-toned valet dress, warm leggings, animal print boots and leather backpack. I love how the patterns play off of each other. It's so fun when I can get out of my work and mom uniform and put on something that allows me to express myself!
**P.S. Stay tuned. I have one more outfit that I will post to Instagram next week in partnership with Marshalls. I can't wait for y'all to see :)
***P.P.S. Does anyone know any useful fashion hashtags to use? I am so clueless when it comes to the fashion world of Instagram!! Leave them in the comments below, please.
What's your favorite fall trends of 2017?
Photography by Brittany Renee